Selecting your business entity and opening your enterprise are initial steps in the business formation process. Employee handbooks, manuals and policies need to be created in order to ensure that you are complying with Michigan and federal employment laws.
At Creighton McLean & Shea PLC, we will provide you with ongoing employment law counsel as your business grows. We help clients throughout Southeast Michigan become organized from the inception of their business onward.
It is of particular importance that employment policies, employee handbooks and other written material are in place regarding:
- Wage and hour compliance
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Anti-discrimination policies
- Sexual harassment policies
- Employee discipline and termination
- Noncompete and Nondisclosure agreements